4.15.2009

Love them... then everyone will know

I was reading Blue Like Jazz last night as I waited till I was tired enough to go to sleep. I came across a great thought by Don. He talks about how he used to hate all the super conservative Christians who he thought was giving Christ a bad name. I can totally relate to this! I've had my fair share of experiences when I've disagreed with another Christian and I've let that build enmity between us. I've been guilty of hate towards my brothers and sisters because I didn't think they were doing what Christ wanted. I was convicted of it last night. I don't want to become the bitter Christian guy who no one likes because I've let my way get in the way of Christ's Way. The message of the Gospel is that God loves us even though he hates what we've become. Why should I do anything less?

No comments: