5.13.2009

jumpstart

Life is accelerating in Wisconsin.

Now that we've been here a year, I feel as though we are truly starting life and ministry. It's been a long road full of lots of wilderness, but we're starting to see a bit of clearing. If you looked at our schedule, you'd probably say, "Yeah right, Thomas. You're going to be nuts in August." I disagree. I'm really looking forward to the mission trip, confirmation, and camp coming up. But I think in late July when we get to start planning for the next year, things will be absolutely golden. I'm a big picture thinker. It's easy for me to lose details as I'm thinking through ideas. Being able to sit down with calendars and brainstorming about the coming school year will be marvelous! I'm really excited to get cracking on the new year. This will be the time when things actually shift from the previous "Jesus through Robby" paradigm into a more "Jesus through Thomas" paradigm. I say "Jesus through..." because this ministry isn't and hasn't been about either me or Robby, but about Jesus meeting students where they are. My hope is that we can become a place without doors, walls, and windows. Something that is more about life than Wednesday nights. I'm not sure what the details are, but I think it will be great when we get there.

No comments: