3.06.2009

RE:formed and RE:ligion

I have to admit that I am becoming more and more in line with reformed theology. Things that once caused me to shudder (God's election and the like) are becoming so much more beautiful and meaningful to my faith. You may accept this or boo me to the grave, but here I will stand. I bought John Calvin's Institutes of the Christian Religion to understand his thinking better.

It's funny how much that one word above (religion) can cause division. Here's something to chew on: I'm not right. I'm never right. In fact, I cannot be right. But Jesus was right, and the Holy Spirit through me is right. Jesus calls us to acts of piety (such as prayer and fasting) to deepen our connection to God and remember our commitment to His kingdom. Jesus also calls us to let the Holy Spirit do acts of good will through us to show God's mercy and grace.

In a totally unrelated thought train, I'm doing our taxes today...

Thomas

No comments: